DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT,
TEACHERS REGISTRATION COUNCIL OF NIGERIA (TRCN), ABUJA
Dr. Stella-Maria Nwokeocha is the Director, Human Resource Management of Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria. She holds a Bachelors degree in Agriculture from the University of Ibadan (1988); Post Graduate Diploma in Management (2000) and Master’s Degree in Business Administration (2002) from Bayero University, Kano; and PhD in Business Administration (2015) from the Lord Aschroft International Business School, Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, United Kingdom. Her Doctoral degree thesis was on the management of the universities in Nigeria. She is also expecting to complete her Post Graduate Diploma in Education soon at the University of Abuja.
She did her National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) at the Women Teachers College, Katsina (1988/1989) and worked as a Researcher (Subject Matter Specialist) at the World Bank/Imo State Agricultural Development Project Owerri, starting 1992 and joined the services of the Federal College of Education (Technical) Bichi as Assistant Registrar in 1995. She rose to the rank of Deputy Registrar before transferring her services to the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria, Abuja in 2008 as Assistant Director (Governing Council and Management Affairs). In 2010 she got promoted to the rank of Deputy Director (Human Resource and Training, and later Appointment, Promotions and Discipline). She was appointed Director, Human Resource Management in 2019.
Dr. Stella-Maria Nwokeocha also received training in the Management of Higher Education organized by the Galilee International Management Institute, Israel and Harvard University; as well as training in International Management organized by L.T. Associates, Inc. in Washington, D.C., USA. These are in addition to several other national and international conferences and workshops which she attended. She is further a member of the Chartered Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM).Overall, she is an international management expert with a solid understanding of the management of higher educational institutions and agencies.
She is happily married with children and had received several socio-cultural and religious awards.
FUNCTIONS OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
The Human Resource Management (HRM) Department is charged with the Coordination of internal administration of Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN). It is structured into three major Divisions as listed below:
- Appointments, Promotion and Discipline;
- Training and Staff Welfare; and
- General Services.
The HRM Department is saddled with a wide range of responsibilities in the following areas:-
- Recruitment, confirmation of appointment, retirement, discipline, resignation of appointment, dismissal from service, maintenance of Staff records, transfer and merger of service, secondment /leave of absence, and internal Staff deployments;
- Preparation and updating of Staff list;
- Interpretation of Government rules, regulations, Policies and circulars;
- Liaising with Federal Civil Service Commission, Office of Head of Civil Service of the Federation, and other Government agencies on establishment matters;
- Staff welfare and entertainment matters;
- Management and maintenance of Council’s security matters;
- Advising Management and implementing its decisions on staff matters and Federal Government Labour Regulations; and
- Coordinating training and development activities.